Up to now, macOS Big Sur is one of the biggest operating systems for Mac computers. It was completely released and introduced on 22nd June 2020. Full of incredible features and updates you can see in macOS Big Sur. On Worldwide Developer Conference Apple has rolled out macOS Big Sur and highlights all the features and new changes in it. macOS Big Sur is really a powerful operating which all Mac computers can’t support. Unfortunately, it is now on the Public Beta version and the full version is not out yet. If you use Beta mode then you will see too many critical issues.
Nowadays you may know that every computer has a password for many reasons. But the main is reason in order to keep secure the whole operating system. It really doesn’t matter that which operating system you are using but you will probably set an administrator password so that you should keep your data safe and someone else shouldn’t use your personal computer.
However, creating an administrator password on any operating system or social media platform is really easy more than you think. Actually password is the best and smart way to keep secure the account or the operating system. Most of the people forget the password which they have set. Resetting the password of the social account is quite easy and straightforward. But resetting the password of any operating system especially macOS Big Sur administrator password is a bit difficult.
- How to Reset macOS Catalina Forgotten Password without Data Loss
- How To Reset Forgotten Password Of macOS Mojave
Reset macOS Big Sur Forgotten Password via Terminal
Resetting the forgotten password of an operating system needs some trick which you have to know. I will cover each and every step on how to reset macOS Big Sur forgotten password. As a matter of fact, there are many ways that you can reset the password. But the smart way is with the help of Terminal. You will not lose data while resetting because it is somehow genuine.
The procedure or method which I am going to show you will work for all operating systems of Mac computer such as macOS High Sierra, macOS Mojave, macOS Catalina, and macOS Big Sur.
- Turn on your Mac.
- When the Apple logo appears, press and hold the Command + R button. Hold the button until you don’t get the macOS utility window.
- Once you get the macOS utility screen, you have to click on the Utilities option from the top and choose Terminal in order to have Terminal window.
- On the Terminal window, you have to type resetpassword.
- Wait for some moments until you have the Reset Password window. There you have to provide New Password, Verify Password, and also provide a hint for the password so that it should help you to remember the password which you have set.
- Once it is done, simply click on the Next.
- If it is reset then you will get a small notification which says Your user account password has been reset.
- Therefore, you have to restart your system and sign in with the new password which you have reset recently.
Reset macOS Big Sur Forgotten Password via Apple ID
I think the first method is the simplest because everyone can give it a try. In some cases, the method won’t work for some users right here. You don’t have to worry because we have discovered the new method.
Now, we will reset the forgotten password with the help of the Apple ID. The Apple ID will help you to reset the forgotten password. If you don’t have a sign in with your Apple ID then this method is not for you. Therefore, follow the below procedure and reset the password via Apple ID.
- Turn on your Mac.
- Once the login screen appears, you have to type any wrong password time and time and you will get If you forget your password, you can reset it using Apple ID. Therefore, click on that.
- Next up, enter the Apple ID which you have used in your Mac for App Store and something else. And click on the Reset Password.
- Another window will be appeared and says If you change the password for this user account, you will create a new Keychain to store the user’s password. Therefore, click on the Ok option.
- Wait for a while and you will get a reset password window.
- There you have to enter New Password, New Password, and at lat enter Password Hint. And click on the Set password.
- Once it is done, you have to restart your Mac computer and log in with a new password.
It was two useful and amazing methods on How to Reset macOS Big Sur Forgotten Password. You can use both methods for resetting macOS Big Sur forgotten password and also can tell your friends. Whenever you forget the password then make sure to use one of those two methods and you will be done. However, I hope you found these methods useful. if you faced any kind of problem or issue then don’t hesitate to leave a comment in the comment section down below.