macOS Big Sur is the greatest and powerful operating system for Mac. 22nd June 2020, Apple users are surprised by the newest operating system. Apple has directly moved from the 10.x to 11.x series on the WWDC. You can easily get macOS Big Sur from the App Store free of cost. In Windows PC also you can test macOS Big Sur through the virtual machine which is good news for us. Before going to have a clean install of macOS Big Sur, you have to check out whether your Mac is compatible or not with it. You have to create macOS Big Sur Bootable Installer because it is a better method to perform a clean installation. Therefore, I am going to show you How to Create macOS Big Sur Bootable Installer for Clean Installation.
Macs that Support macOS Big Sur
- MacBook from year 2015 or later
- MacBook Air from 2013 onwards
- MacBook Pro late 2013 and later
- Mac Mini from 2014 onwards
- iMac 2014 or later
- iMac Pro 2017
- Mac Pro 2013 and 2019
- Have a USB Flash Drive, you will need a USB with a minimum of 16GB storage.
- macOS Big Sur DMG File.
Easy Steps to Create macOS Big Sur Bootable Installer
Step 1. Download macOS Big Sur DMG
The most important you need is a macOS Big Sur DMG file. You can download the macOS Big Sur from Play Store and make that DMG for Bootable Installer. In order to use or install macOS Big Sur on Mac, you have to create a Bootable installer. Therefore, you will the macOS Big Sur DMG, with the help of this you can create a bootable installer. Make sure to download it which takes much time because it is more than 8GB.
Step 2. Create macOS Big Sur Bootable Installer
For the purpose of this article, we are going to take the help of Terminal in order to create a bootable installer. Anyhow, there are several methods for creating a bootable installer. You have to follow the steps one by one.
Format the USB Drive
You need to clean a partition for the USB. First of all, you have to insert the USB Flash Drive to the Mac. After that, open the disk utility, select the USB drive which you have inserted and erase it with the settings down below.
- Name: USB Flash Drive.
- Format: Mac OS X Extended (Journaled).
- Scheme: GUID Partition Map.
Once it is erased, close the Disk Utility and you have to open the Terminal on your Mac. On the Terminal, you have to type the below commands.
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB
Then you have to enter your password and wait for the process.
How to Install macOS Big Sur from Bootable Installer
- Insert the Bootable Installer to your computer,
- Restart your Mac.
- Power on the Mac and hold on the Options button on the keyboard.
- Select the macOS Big Sur option from the drop-down menu.
- After that, the utility window will be opened, you have to select the disk utility.
- On the disk utility window, you have to erase the drive in which you want to install macOS Big Sur.
- Once you have finished then click on the Install button and wait for the installation process.
Also, Read Related Posts:
- How to Clean Install macOS Big Sur on Mac.
- Change Safari Wallpaper on macOS Big Sur.
- Download macOS Big Sur ISO DMG VMDK File.
It was all about How to Create macOS Big Sur Bootable Installer for Clean Installation. You can also create a bootable installer for macOS Big Sur on Windows but it needs much time. In Mac, it needs some easy steps to be done. I hope you have learned something from the guide. If you faced any kind of problem then don’t hesitate to leave comments in the comment section down below.