In general, Dementia is a term used for loss of memory that keeps one troubling while problem-solving and other thinking abilities. The problem is enough to impact your daily routine severely. The main cause of Dementia is Alzheimer’s disease. One should not consider this as a single disease; rather, it is a term that covers a wide range of conditions, one of which is Alzheimer’s disease.
Although there is no cure, there are various methods and medications to support dementia treatment in India. The disorders under the term, “Dementia,” are likely to be caused by some abnormal changes in the brain. These changes consequently degrade the mind’s cognitive ability (ability to think), which is so severe that it impacts daily life. It also changes one’s behavior and feelings that may bring a knot in the string of relationships.
- Not able to get on with the environmental changes
- Difficulty reaching the right words or expressions
- Being repetitive
- Confused sense of action
- Struggling with daily works
- Frequent change in mood
- Difficulty following the storylines
Mild Dementia Symptoms
- Short-term memory lapse
- Change in behavior and personality
- Difficulty solving challenges of life
- Difficulty understanding complex sentences
- Problem focusing
- Problem communicating
What are the types of Dementia?
Dementia can be categorized based on some common features and symptoms.
- Cortical dementia – Impact on the outer layer (cortex) of the brain only
- Subcortical dementia – Impact on the lower layer of the cortex
- Progressive Dementia – Obstruction with cognitive abilities
- Primary Dementia – It is not an outcome of another disease, rather it happens independently
- Secondary Dementia – Happens due to a physical injury
- Progressive Dementia – Partly caused due to Alzheimer’s disease, Lewy dementia, and Vascular Dementia.
What are the causes of Dementia?
Dementia is a state of mind achieved by injury to the brain cells. The disorder disallows the cells and neurons to communicate with each other, affecting the level of thinking and behavior.
This state of mind is achieved by the following reasons:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Immune Disorder
- Metabolic disorder
- Reaction to certain circumstances
- Nutritional deficiency
- Parkinson’s disease
- Huntington’s disorder
How can stem cell therapy for dementia help?
Neurodegeneration is an irreversible process. So, there is no cure for Dementia. Dementia treatment in India is practiced at a very low level. However, positive results have been found so far. The method used is medication coupled with stem cell treatment. This cell generation method is one of the most effective dementia treatments. Dementia Issue
The idea is to grab the advantage of the right condition in the body when stem cells divide to form more daughter cells. Stem cell treatment is a secure treatment with the potential to lessen the rate of deterioration. It supports the development of new nerve cells and creates an environment for their survival. The stem cells utilized during the therapy for Dementia are also involved in angiogenesis, neuroprotection, and several other metabolic activities that improve the reasoning and understanding capabilities and accelerate the ability to think more effectively. Dementia Issue